We have had many people ask about making a donation to Mike and Carolyn

For anyone wanting to make a donation to Mike and Carolyn, you may go to any Frost Bank branch and tell them you would like to make a donation to the "Michael E. Fosdick and Carolyn Fosdick Benefit Account". Thank you to everyone who has donated.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 38

Sorry again for the "break" in my posts. I've started this post several times and keep getting interupted. Lara had a meeting with everyone involved in Carolyn's care. They didn't have a lot of new information for us. I think the most significant thing was that, when asked about what to expect in her progress, they said the most progress is usually seen in the first 2-3 months. After that the progress is slower. So, we still have some time. I'm told that she hasn't really changed significantly over the last several days.

Mike will be transferred back to HealthSouth tomorrow (Tuesday). They are still trying to resolve his blood clot but don't want him to miss out on so many days of therapy. He will return to Methodist to have his neurosurgery once the blood clot has completely resolved and his bloodwork has returned to normal. He probably will not be in the same room at HealthSouth and I don't have his room number right now.

My bother, Monte, and I will be coming into town at the end of this week. We hope to visit Mike and Carolyn as much as possible, as well as try to tackle some of the issues needing to be resolved at Carolyn's office. We will only be able to stay for a few days but hopefully will be able to get a lot accomplished. This being said.....I will try to post one more update before I leave for Boerne, but won't be able to add anything more until at least Tuesday of next week. Please keep checking back. I may try to find a computer while I'm visiting to add a quick post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.
I do look forward to checking in and seeing what's happening. I keep this site in my favorites!
Our family lived in their ward 2 years ago, and know the two of them very well. We will keep praying for them.
Thanks, again! Mike and Kathi Hillis

AliJo said...

I just wanted to let you know that the Boerne Lib has computers available to the public (even if you are not a cardholder) if that will help you at all.

We continue to pray for Carolyn and Mike.

Alice Johnson & family