We have had many people ask about making a donation to Mike and Carolyn

For anyone wanting to make a donation to Mike and Carolyn, you may go to any Frost Bank branch and tell them you would like to make a donation to the "Michael E. Fosdick and Carolyn Fosdick Benefit Account". Thank you to everyone who has donated.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sorry!!!

OK...so I'm really sorry that there has been such a gap in the posts. This time I have more of an excuse than just being busy. A few days after my last post both of my youngest boys got the stomach flu that is going around. Then, about the time they were getting over it, I had to go to the emergency room with what ended up being a very large kidney stone. I spent a couple of days in the hospital and had surgery to have the stone removed. I've been on quite a bit of pain medication. I probably could have posted something over the last day or so but was afraid that it may not have made much sense. So.....enough of my story, back to Carolyn and Mike.

The last couple of days have been pretty exciting for them. Carolyn has progressed enough that HealthSouth has accepted her for rehab. The most exciting part is that they were able to move her into Mike's room. I can't begin to express the joy that Mike had when he realized that she was his new roommate. The road is still long for Carolyn, but at least she is progressing.

Mike has decided to have the surgery on his spine. It is my understanding that it will take place in about two weeks. He will stay at the hospital for about two weeks then go back to HealthSouth. The hope and plan is for him to return home in less than three months. There hasn't been anything determined about Carolyn's time frame. I'm sure there are a lot more factors involved with her treatment.

I will continue to post information as I get it, but new information has slowed down some. So, please continue to check back here for updates. They just may not be as frequent as in the beginning.

We still continue to receive offers of help. They are all greatly appeciated, as is all of the help that we have already receieved. I can not even begin to imagine handling this situation without so much help. Thank you again!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,what info is there on if Carolyn is talking better, and does she remember what happened to her and how she got there? Has she gained any weight? I heard she was thin as a board....
Kathi Hillis