We have had many people ask about making a donation to Mike and Carolyn

For anyone wanting to make a donation to Mike and Carolyn, you may go to any Frost Bank branch and tell them you would like to make a donation to the "Michael E. Fosdick and Carolyn Fosdick Benefit Account". Thank you to everyone who has donated.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 28

Just a quick update.

I just found out that Mike will be taken to Methodist hospital on Monday in preparation for surgery on Tuesday. He still has little to no use of his left hand (the one that was broken) so the doctors did an MRI of his neck and left arm. Apparently he has some problems with his C5, C7, and T1 vertebrae. He has some bulging discs and there is still pressure being put on his spinal cord in that area. They will operate to relieve some of this pressure and as the doctors put it, "put things back where they belong". I don't know how long the surgery will take or exactly how long he will be at Methodist Hospital. All they have said is that he will be there until he is stable and then moved back to HealthSouth (in the same room he is in now). Please continue to include him in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, with this surgery, he can start to regain function of his left hand.

I am also going to say it again (because it cannot be said enough) Thank You!!! Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, donations, visits, and concern. My sister had said that there always seems to be someone visiting when she sees Carolyn and the nurses have commented (for the better) about how many visitors she receives. Thank you also for the notes in her room and the music that has been left as well as the time that has been spent visiting with her, reading or singing to her, and leaving her reminders of things she loves to do. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about the pure love that is being shown to both her and Mike. THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

sylver said...

Thanks for the up date. you are doing a great job keeping people updated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I found out by accident a few weeks ago when a bride contacted me to shoot her wedding and then she preceeded to tell me about your mom and that she was scheduled with her.

I also discovered that a spend a lot of time across the street from your mom's house on the Golf Course in Fair Oaks and if I could ever do something to help out there let me know. Last night I know a gold cart was parked in front of her house for several hours but I wasn't sure who it was.

I will be out of the country for two weeks starting wednesday so I wont be able to respond back to you if I can do anything until I get back.

Ron Pritchett
ron@pritchettphotography.com